Saturday, July 27, 2013

Asian Noodle Salad


I have made this for a couple of years and it is hands-down my all-time favorite salad. I got the recipe from the Pioneer Woman. I really love all of the recipes I've tried of hers, but this is one is my favorite. I believe she was inspired by a recipe from the Naked Chef.

I always forgot how much time it takes to cut all the vegetables up and what an incredible mess it makes. It also makes enough salad to feed an huge army, so if you are not feeding an army, be careful! I usually make it and only dress what I need, putting the leftover veggies and noodles in ziplock bags with a little dressing in a side bag, and then toss a small version for lunches the next few days.

I've used Asian rice noodles instead of linguini before, but I didn't like it nearly as much.


Asian Noodle Salad

1 pkg. linguine noodles, cooked, rinsed & cooled
1/2 head sliced napa cabbage
1/2 head sliced purple cabbage
1/2 bag baby spinach
1 of each red, yellow & orange bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 bag mung bean sprouts
1 bunch chopped cilantro
3 whole scallions, sliced
3 whole cucumbers, peeled & sliced
1 10-oz. can cashews

Mix the noodles and vegetables in a very large bowl, toss with the dressing and top with cashews. 

For the dressing:

1 whole lime, juiced
8 T. olive oil
8 T. soy sauce
2 T. sesame oil
1/2 c. brown sugar
3 T. fresh ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeƱo, seeded & chopped

I like to put the dressing in my Blendtec blender to insure that everything is chopped super fine, but you can also do it all by hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment