Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ryan's Salsa

We miss the McCoy family for so many reasons, one of them being Ryan's salsa. It was served at every party/get-together and we always devoured it. Ryan has shared his recipe with me and we have made it a few times, but it never is quite as good as his. I think it's because Kara isn't sitting next to me while I eat it. Rick's only request for Super Bowl food was Ryan's salsa. I guess it makes us feel like our best friends are still in Virginia! 

2 lg. cans whole tomatoes (drained)
3 jalapeno peppers - diced (Ryan uses the already diced and canned ones)
1 t. dried oregano
1 t. salt
3 T. veg oil
1 T. of vinegar
1/2 t. pepper
2 or 3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 bunch of green onions (white parts only)

Ryan puts everything but the tomatoes in a food processor, get everything all diced up nicely, then adds the tomatoes and pulses until he reaches the desired consistency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment