Sunday, November 4, 2012

Banana Cream Pie

This recipe is from my amazing sister-in-law, Mary Cozzens, and came from her mom. It's the yummiest banana cream pie I've ever had. Now that I'm thinking about Thanksgiving, I need to make sure this recipe is at my fingertips when I get ready to start the pies.

1/3 c. sugar
3 T. corn starch
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 c. milk
2 egg yolks, beaten
2 T. butter
2 t. vanilla
2 egg whites with 1/4 c. sugar
2-3 bananas
2 pie shells, pre-cooked
whipped cream

In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn starch, and salt until blended. Slowly add milk and egg yolk and whisk on medium heat until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla, whisking until smooth. Cover with wrap and cool to room temperature. Beat egg whites & sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into pudding. Slice bananas into bottom of pie shell; add pudding and top with more banana slices and whip cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment