Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pie Crust

I stink at pie crust-really stink at it. I also really don't love pie crust, which doesn't help motivate me to make it. When my I tasted my friend Taya's pie crust and loved it so much, she gave me the recipe. However, I still haven't quite been able to succeed and make mine as good as hers. Maybe someday I will perfect it, but until now, I will just keep trying.

1 1/4 c. flour
1 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
3 T. shortening, cut into pieces
4 T. butter
4-5 T. ice water

Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a small bowl.  Add in shortening and butter and mix until you have pea-sized pieces.  Add ice water one tablespoon at a time until a stiff, play dough like dough forms.  Form dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.  Let chilled dough warm to room temperature.  Roll into pan.  Cook according to pie directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment