Thursday, November 1, 2012

Chicken Divan

The first time I ever had this recipe was when I had Andrew. My sister Karen brought it to me and there are few times that I have needed "comfort food" as I did then. It tasted heavenly. It's a staple at our house and a wonderful dish to take to new moms, or anyone needing a bit of comfort.

1 whole chicken, deboned and shredded
broccoli
2/3 c. mayonnaise
1/3 c. milk
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 T. lemon juice
2 t. curry powder
1 c. cheddar cheese
6 slices of bread
¼ cup melted butter

Layer broccoli and chicken in a 9X13 baking dish. In a saucepan, add mayo, milk, soup, lemon juice, curry and cheese and melt until smooth. Poor mixture over broccoli and chicken. Cube the bread and toss with melted butter. Top the casserole with bread cubes. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment