Thursday, November 1, 2012

General Authority Buttermilk Pancakes

This is my favorite pancake recipe and I make it when I have buttermilk on hand. It is from my friend, Karen Ashton, who served these pancakes while her husband served as an LDS Mission President in Toronto, Canada. She served them to missionaries and many visiting special guests. I hope I never have to actually feed General Authorities breakfast. For now, I am happy to make these for family and occasionally visiting friends.

2 c. flour
2 T. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
½ t. salt
2 eggs
2 c. buttermilk
½ c. milk
¼ c. butter, melted

Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl lightly beat the eggs, buttermilk, milk, and butter. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients all at once, stirring just to blend it. Let the batter rest until you see bubbles beginning to form. Make pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment