Friday, November 9, 2012

Crepes

My sister Elaine visited me earlier this year and we had a blast. Elaine is one of the best cooks I know and while visiting she made crepes one morning for breakfast. I have made crepes before, but the recipe she made our family was the best I've ever had. We have made it numerous times since.

4 eggs
1 c. milk
2 T. melted butter
1/4 c. water
3 T. sugar
1 c. flour
pinch of salt

Blend everything in the blender until smooth. Heat non-stick skillet on low-med heat, add a light coating of Pam cooking spray or butter. Pour about 1/4-1/2 c. batter and swirl around pan until it is only a thin layer (pour out any excess if needed). Cook until top appears dry, but before bottom gets brown and crisp. Place crepe on a plate and fill with whatever toppings you'd like. I love Nuttella & banana, or blueberries that have been heated in a pan with a small amount of sugar and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment