Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Old-Fasioned Coconut Pie


I was a judge at a ward party last year and had to taste over 20 pies to find a winner. When I tasted Taya Borrowman's coconut pie, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It was like nothing I had ever tasted before. She got my vote for the best pie of the night. (Although my friend Laura Gould's apple pie was heavenly and the best apple pie I had ever tasted.) I asked Taya if I could have the recipe. Instead of just emailing it to me (or referring me to a blog), she actually made a pie for me and dropped it off with the recipe! How amazing is that? This pie has now made it's way onto our exclusive Thanksgiving pie list.

1 stick butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs
3 T. vinegar
1 t. vanilla
1 c. coconut
2 T. heavy cream

Blend sugar and butter. Add eggs and blend well. Add vanilla, vinegar, coconut and cream. Put in unbaked pie shell and bake 1 hour at 325 degrees. Top with fresh whipped cream.

1 comment: